Sunday 29 June 2008

First!

Greetings weary travellers of the internets! Pray take a seat, are you comfortable? Good! Let's swap seats this wooden one is murdering me arse.

Some amongst your number are undoubtedly already familiar with me, unquestionably many of you have a reason or another for wanting to smother me with a teddy bear, for that I apologise, I sincerely do! As for those of you who don't already know me, pray allow me to remedy that.

Hi! My name's Chui Kean, you may call me Kean thank you very much! Some of you lifeless World of Warcraft players may want to armory me and gape at my epix, but lets not get waylaid here. I am, or well at the time of this writing, a law student. Bless the gods and George Lucas for not making a 5th Indy Jones Movie, I will be graduating on the 24th of July 2008 and thereafter I will have acquired the ability to SUE!

As the intellectually competent amongst you would have gathered by now, this is, or primarily is, a food blog. Now! I wouldn't go so far as to review the places I write about, I am not nearly qualified enough to do that. Anything recorded hereinafter are merely musings, (Yes musings! Imagine me swirling and sniffing my Milo Ais while whining how the vile flavours decimate my palate and you'll have a good idea of my personality. At least before the mamak owner butchers my face) of the places and restaurants where I dine at.

Two criteria suit my idea of a good place to eat. Firstly and foremostly, the quality of the food. Nothing, and nothing will ever corrupt that, and this is my promise to you. Along this journey I shall be using many technical culinary terms, I trust you will pick them up along the way. Secondly, and only slightly behind in importance, is the price of the meal, the sacrifice you must offer, the deal you must seal. This obviously includes your money's value for the meal, the availability and accessibility of the restaurant in question, and finally to a lesser degree the service afforded.

Several disclaimers! Firstly, I do not, or rather, cannot, drink any form of alcohol. I am notoriously allergic to it, much to my dismay I assure you. Therefore wine tasting is unfortunately out of my league. Secondly! If you post any legal questions here, and if I answer them, don't come whining to me when you find my bill in your post box the next day. Thirdly, take whatever I say with a pinch of salt, I am only legally competent and I apologise if I offend any culinary professionals in this blog.

Having said that, any recommendations and requests for reviews are absolutely welcome! Regrettably I may only visit those restaurants you recommend in London or in Malaysia. My team will be in charge of tasting in London, while I will traverse Malaysia in search of good foods meselfs.

Phew finally! I hereby declare this blog christened! Without further ado, let the tasting begin!

No comments: