Wednesday 9 July 2008

Bonjour, Pardon, and the Goo Goo Dolls

The more astute amongst you may have noticed that this blog has been suffering from a recent bout of neglect :) Indeed my computer has been sulking in the corner of my room, lonely in its dissension. My excuse for this is twofold: I visited Paris for 6 days and immediately upon my return I was compelled to embark upon a treacherous road trip lasting 10 hours to and fro from Nottingham. Mistake me not, dear friends, it was but a minuscule price to pay to finally see the Goo Goo Dolls in person!

The Goo Goo Dolls were extremely entertaining and their showmanship was astounding. By the end of the concert the Polish lads practically had the audience eating off the palm of their hands. Johnny's hair was legendarily impeccable as always, and at one point he could not even sing "Iris" for the tremendous amount of roaring the crowd was making. All in all it was a wonderful experience and after 25 years together the Dolls certainly still possess the chemistry and talent which thrusted them from poverty to super-stardom. This hungry writer was definitely not disappointed.

No comments: